Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Bicycle Presentation Ceremony in Lilongwe, Malawi: TOMORROW!

Exciting day tomorrow!  Tomorrow is the day that I as well as many others have been waiting for.  Thanks to a generous outpouring of so many donors to the Tour d'Afrique Foundation through myself, I will personally be able to present 24 bicycles to a health care organization here in Lilongwe, Malawi.  Malawi is known as the poorest country in Africa and is an area that has been heavily hit by the AIDS epidemic.  These bicycles will enable these workers to care for a greater number of people by cutting down their transit time.
 
As I have experienced in my time along the roads here in Malawi thus far, the bicycle is extremely well used here.  It is great to see so many other two-wheeled pedalers on the road!  That also means that there is a good repair network available for the donated bicycles so they can be useful for providing health care for years to come.
 
Once again, many thanks to all of my donors!
 
For those who have not yet donated, you can still do so through my website.  Your donations will result in bicycle donations where they are most needed during the tour next year.
 
Thanks!

Comments:
Congratulations Andrew, well done!
I hope the ceremoni was alright, it realy makes a difference for the workers.
Good luck on the Zambezi Zone tomorrow.
greetings, Joke
 
Looking forward to hearing about it! The adventure continues... :-)

Barb & Richard
 
Thanks Joke! The ceremony went okay, but there are still some details in the works. More to come. Huge difference for the workers though; very exciting!
 
Thanks Barb and Richard! I can't wait to show you a slideshow!

Andrew
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Read More - Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?