Monday, March 05, 2007

 

Impressions of Ethiopia: 13 months of sunshine!

I found some unexpected internet access in Marsabit, Kenya so here is a little update. I haven't had a chance to formalize these yet, so I may update them a little later on.

To explain the title; Ethiopia uses the Julian calendar which means that they have thirteen months in the year, it is currently 1999 (they are very excited for their upcoming millennium) and their time is offset by 6 hours. 0:00 happens when the sun rises: makes sense.

The people:
Landscape:
Public health:

That is all I have for now. The incredible amount of experiences I have will likely add to more of these, but I am still mentally digesting them. Beautiful place Ethiopia; beautiful place. On to Kenya!


Comments:
Hey Pete just showed me that they have put you up on the "official Salomon website" with a link to the Citizen article as a member of team Salomon-Suunto - way to go!
 
Great description of your experiences in Ethiopia. Not quite as good as being there ourselves, but more than enough to give us wonderful mental images. Thanks, and keep it up!

Barb & Richard
 
Thanks Lee! That is pretty cool to be on the Salomon site. Their gear that I am using sure is working out fantastically; others are jealous of my pack-vest, my jerseys keep the sun off but let the wind through, my shoes are perfect for everything off the bike, the list goes on!
 
Thanks Barb! Ethiopia sure is a special place. Man would an adventure race ever be difficult here! Crazy biking, thorny trekking and I can only imagine the potential for paddling in rainier seasons...these are the things I think about whilst on the bike :)
 
Hi Andrew!

Just on here to wish you a happy birthday tomorrow! What an awesome way to spend it! I hope someone gives you a stick, or you see an elephant or something!

Take care!
Kristin H
 
Thanks Kristin!

Not often that I get to spend a birthday in Nairobi; too cool! Thanks for the good wishes!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Read More - Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?