Wednesday, February 14, 2007

 

Bahr Dar, Ethiopia...so much to report!


Stunning mountain view from my tent door. The picture just doesn't do it justice


The girl who tried to jump on my bike so I could bike her back to Canada, and she wasn't the only one. I honestly tried, but my mountain bike is really only designed for one (Photo: Rémy Benois)


Typical lunch scene. The locals love staring at us so we put up orange ropes around the site so we are not mobbed. I can only imagine what we look like to them.

I can't believe how much has happened and changed since my last update. Where to begin?! Firstly, happy Valentine's Day! This is good for some more point form I think.
Well, this has raged on pretty long. I'll try to post again soon with some fun stories about the locals, me riding three mountainous days with only one brake working and some details about the day-to-day routine of the tour.

Tonight: the P-party! We are to come dressed as anything that starts with P. Tonight I will be the Patriotic Peddler with all of my Canadian garb and tattoos. Mission: make an a** out of myself!

...well more than usual!

Comments:
It's great to read all these vignettes from your trip. Keep having fun, and I'll look forward to your next update.

Barb
 
It is very interesting to read your reports, Andy. What a great way for you to get to know Africa! Keep the updates coming!

Ilona Dobos
 
Thanks Barb! Always great to hear from you!
 
Thanks Ilona! Man is that Dobos family ever supportive!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Read More - Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?