Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

Amazing results of Tour d'Afrique Foundation donations and Canada.com article; exciting stuff!

I heard word the other night that with the astounding current total of $2400USD (and counting...) that everyone has helped me raise for the Tour d'Afrique Foundation, I have raised the most amount of any rider of any year for this charity.  Thank-you!  The tour director was whetting my appetite as to the excitement of some of the upcoming presentation ceremonies with the number of bikes that we will be able to donate!  I hope you'll join me in this excitement!  More to come.
 
In other news, I have appeared along with some other great Canadian names on Canada.com.  You can check out the article at http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/sports/story.html?id=02607988-2cd9-45b8-8991-6b8fd8386efa&k=42835.  Congratulations Ray for hitting the Red Sea yesterday!  Take a look!
 
 

Comments:
Congrats on being the guy who has raised the most so far! It's great to read your blog and see what you're up to. Keep it going. -Andrea Hutt
 
Hey Andrew

I must say how impressed I am with everything that is going on with your Tour D'Afrique adventures - you are proving to be an excellent ambassador for Canada in this regard...and in reading of your experiences in Khartoum, I can only say how disappointed I am for not having been there (ie with my UN tour) to see you and your entourage ride in town. Eh bien, another time. But in the meantime, stay healthy, stay happy...and keep those awesome reports coming in. Will buy you a beer when you're back in Ottawa later in the spring!

All the best,
Mark Cunningham
 
Way to go, Andrew! Keep up the great riding!

Mary T
 
Hello Andrew,
Thanks for your stories on your blog! Good luck with riding to Kenia.
greetings, Joke
 
Hey Andy,

Way to go with raising so much money! I love reading the blog so keep it up when you can. Maybe I should blog about our home life - The Bakes is into jigsaw puzzles now in addition to his birding!! Snowshoe rogaine this past weekend at Horseshoe put on by Bob and it was AWESOME! Stay healthy and keep up the good work!
 
You are an inspiration, Andrew!
May the winds be always at your back, the roads safe, the views amazing, the people friendly, and the food...bacteria-free!
Marta;)
 
Congrats, Andrew - that's amazing news! Looking forward to your next installment.

Barb & Richard
 
CONGRATS MANDREW!

Wow, I can't believe how much of your trip I've missed. Keep those fluids flowing and avoid street vendor meat.

I miss ye, Mandrew... if you've got an email list throw me on it.

May the wind be at your back and your tires always be inflated.
 
Thanks Mark! Yeah, Khartoum really is a cool place. We should definitely get together. I'll try not to blab on too long with boring stories :)
 
Thanks Mary; great to have you following along!
 
Thanks Joke! Every country is unique in its own ways; the common thread being that people along the way are pretty darned friendly!
 
Thanks Lee; tell the 'Bakes to put his puzzles away and start some muscle wasting cardio racing! Sounds like the racing scene is going great at home; can't wait!
 
Thanks Barb!
 
Thanks M! It is crazy how fast things happen here. We are nearly at our chronological halfway point and in some ways it feels like we just started. Don't ask my legs though, they know that we didn't just start :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Read More - Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?