Sunday, January 21, 2007

 

Thanks Tree Huggers!


A shorter post here to extend many thanks to Tree Huggers Adventure Racing team!  With a little help from some friends, a huge amount of hard work and donating their own resources, they have raised an additional $400USD for the Tour d'Afrique Foundation!  This along with some other generous donations puts my total up to a stunning $2200USD which means that at least 22 new bikes will be donated to communities along our trip.  Amazing!  Spread the word and help spread this to even more communities across the continent.
 
Thanks guys!

Comments:
Really enjoying your journal, Andrew - hope you can find Internet access at regular intervals as your journey continues.

You may have heard that Frontier Adventure Racing will be donating $1 to Tour d'Afrique from every beer sold at yesterday's winter race. Awesome!

Barb
 
Hey Andy - loving the blog! It sounds like you are having an amazing time! Well we didn't do any better without you in the winter race - got our asses handed to us on the ski - no big surprise. Apparently this year was the year to have classic skis and we had skate - we'll get it right one of these days! Be safe -we miss you!

Love Lee
 
ANDREW!!! AAAH!

I'm so excited for you! I keep checking your blog and the TdA site pretty much compulsively everyday. I just saw that you won a stage and couldn't help but make one of those crazy open-mouthed smile faces out of sheer joy for you. Now I can't wait to hear the story.

I hope you're having a great experience (a safe one... I worry about everything and everyone, it's stressful). Keep taking those pictures :D

Kristin H.
 
Thanks and glad you're enjoying it Barb! Thanks for all of your fundraising help!
 
Thanks Lee, too bad I wasn't there to help out with the cross country ski embarrassment. I'm sure I'll be more terrible at it for next winter though!

Andrew
 
Hey Kristin, I'm trying for a road stage win to compliment the dirt stage win. Tough to do though. Glad you're enjoying the site!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Read More - Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?