Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

The excitement spreads to Get Out There Magazine!

A neat story about my preparations for the tour just appeared in the Ontario version of this week’s “Get Out There Report” put out by the good people at Get Out There Magazine! You can read the online report at: http://www.getouttheremag.com/report/Nov30ON.html#racepreview Keep an eye out for their next print magazine!


I continue to be in a flurry of preparations for the tour. Daily, I gain confidence that I will be prepared for just about any eventuality that I can come across. Extra parts that almost amount to a new bike (minus frame and wheels), a small pharmacy in case I get any of a number of infections that I have difficulty pronouncing, and most importantly all of the extra pounds that this holiday season can offer. I currently eat like a champion and have never been concerned about body weight, but historically people have lost a great deal of weight over this tour despite having eaten enormous quantities of whatever they can get their hands on. The more I eat on the tour, the healthier I can stay. Bring on second helpings of …well everything!

This certainly provides a stark contrast to the places we will ride through. Locals who have difficulty finding enough water and food for them and their families to stay healthy. Good thing we are going to be able to donate bicycles to the local health care providers with the donations to the Tour d’Afrique foundation I have been receiving! Many thanks! That means less community money going towards expensive fuel!

Just over a month to go until the big day!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Read More - Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?