Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

Registration - done!

That is the first hurdle and is often a larger one; putting your name on the dotted line (or more modernly, in the appropriate online box) committing to an event. Though I am still perplexed by the plethora of chores to be completed and gear to be acquired, the biggest question of "should I do it" no longer takes up memory space. By simply registering - which took me all of five minutes (including the pregnant pause while hovering over the final "OK" button) - I have shifted completely away from "should I really do this" and am now on board with "awesome, I am really doing this!"

I am now about the same amount of time away from the start of the race that the congratulatory hugs are from the first pedal stroke in Cairo, but I feel like the race starts tomorrow and I barely have enough time to get things together. With most races I have done, getting to the start line is half the challenge; in this case, it seems more than half.

The biggest step has been taken, I have registered!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Read More - Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?